Teradata, the world's leading analytic data-solutions company focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics and business applications, wishes to recruit a PS Practice consultant as a member of the Global Practice team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT professional who will be part of a diverse team within the Practice. This is a senior position acting as a central resource of expertise to Teradata’s global Professional Services field working with our Finance Foundation solutions area.
This role will generally operate autonomously, working with Teradata’s Professional Services to providing project governance for Finance Foundation-related projects as well identifying assets generated from running projects that can be packaged and re-used in future projects, accelerating project implementations and reducing redundancy in planning and execution.
- Reporting to the Global PS Practice and Architecture lead.
- Working closely with Product Management and the regional Centre of Excellence teams
- Understanding Teradata’s technical and sales strategies in the area of the Finance Foundation solution;
-Develop and provide a governance service to Finance Foundation projects, auditing project-scope and effort estimates with the aims of reducing risk in projects and making projects competitive and attractive in price and duration.
- Monitoring and working with Teradata project managers to provide reusable templates for use in project planning and construction;
-Develop and maintain project estimation tools based on constant analysis of results;
-Defining process, standards and procedures to be adopted internationally;
-Identifying and re-package technical assets that can be reused to have a measurable, positive effect on reducing future projects’ effort and / or duration.
-Building technical and product knowledge across the wider Finance Foundation focused communities;
- -Understanding of the client's business domain e.g. financial analytics.
- -Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
-Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills.
- -Proposal development and service offering scoping.
- - Willingness to travel globally
- -10 yrs of appropriate experience.
- - Has been a technical lead or solution consultant in 5 successful, enterprise-sized, customer engagements.