Are you passionate about making companies smarter? Teradata provides end-to-end solutions and services in big data, data science, analytics and data warehousing enabling companies to become a analytics-driven business. As a key part of its transformation strategy as a company, Teradata has consolidated a strategic, high-growth consulting unit across its Global business for Think Big Analytics. As the Think Big Analytics Country Director, you will be responsible for the overall Think Big Analytics portfolio within a given geography, including Industry, Business Consulting, Solutions, Analytics Delivery Excellence, Data Science, BI / Visualization, and Analytics Solution Development. The team consists of consultants within all of these domains. These consultants are instrumental in selling and delivering business-focused analytics services to Teradata’s existing customers and new target customers across both open and commercial platforms, thereby providing business outcomes and ROI. The organization works with a technology-agnostic approach but uses Teradata software assets and frameworks to target complex, high-value use cases that require scalable and agile infrastructure in order to deliver results.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Lead the Think Big Analytics Business in a defined geography
• Member of the Area Think Big Analytics Management Team working closely to execute our mission to drive revenue through a business outcome led technology enabled strategy. Reporting line to the Director of Think Big Analytics for the Area, and dotted line reporting to the Country Manager.
• Responsible for the Think Big Analytics revenue and profitability. This includes managing a funnel of
Analytics opportunities, partnering with Sales and Consulting Services, and lead key engagements at a
• Matrix management of 5 practice areas within the business and direct line management of two practices;
Analytics Delivery Excellence and the Industry, Business Consulting and Solutions practices.
• Coaching and Development: The ability to individually coach, mentor and develop consulting associates to enhance their performance. This includes evaluating performance and providing individual mentoring and development plans.
• Partner with sales to aggressively develop and grow the team to exceed assigned revenue and profitability targets with targeted focus on headcount growth.
• Responsible for overseeing delivery and ensuring the organization is partnering with Teradata’s sales teams to identify, qualify, and deliver engagements successfully to Teradata’s customers.
• Responsible for the overall quality of all Think Big Analytics Services proposals and contracts and delivery of Think Big Analytics Consulting programs and operational elements related to the running and scale-out of the business. Provide input and guidance on proposals, contracts, and pricing.
• Work with and support the Practice leaders in overseeing talent development, career development, and
mentoring for the team members.
• Manage budget, profitability, billability, and overall utilization of the Analytics consulting team.
• Develop strong working relationships with the Teradata Enterprise Data Consulting team in order to create and manage integrated services offerings for customers.
• Advise senior client leaders in the targeted industry sectors.
• Instill a culture of creating, capturing, and replicating IP within the geography in cooperation with the
Knowledge Management function and processes.
• Contribute to the creation and execution of a go-to-market plan in line with the Global, Region, and
geographical go to market strategy (special focus on the Think Big Analytics Consulting services needed to drive pull-through Teradata software revenue).
• Work closely with Area practice leaders, business operations and supporting departments to manage
the Country business plan tied with the Country sales plan to ensure resource allocation and creation of new capabilities
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent work experience.
• Experience in selling and delivering analytics program including data science and business intelligence visualization on open source platforms
• Prior experience managing large cross functional teams of consulting resources including a virtual
workforce and matrix practice structure and supporting departments.
• Experience running a consulting organization with analytics and business content for a given geography or area.
• Proven track record in running a large business development program.
• Ability to work cross-functionally in matrix organization where internal relationship building and
credibility is critical.
• Prior leadership experience in the development of knowledge management and IP capture / re-use within a defined geography.
• Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges.
• Exceptional consulting skills in communicating, establishing of strategic direction, influencing others,
negotiating skills, operational decision making, problem solving, facilitating and managing meetings, and
questioning and probing.
• Highly skilled in organizational politics, value proposition development, solution selling, focusing on the customer, sales ability / persuasiveness, and business needs analysis.
• Strong understanding of market trends and technologies. This includes a solid understanding and
experience using data with advanced analytics, business intelligence, data warehouse solutions, and big
data analytics to improve business performance.
• Experience facilitating high level customer meetings and overseeing a complex portfolio of projects,
including delivery of software and services.
• Excellent customer executive and senior level relationship building capabilities.
• Results-oriented, with drive to deliver on revenue and bookings targets.
• Experience in defining, launching, and executing successful regional initiatives.
• Proven track record of success in developing sales programs and collateral within complex business
models to further drive revenue.
Travel up to 50% is also expected
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary and pension program, as well as other benefit programs dependent on country of hire.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.