The Industry Consultant (IC) leverages knowledge and contacts within a specific industry to promote sales of business and technology solutions from Teradata Japan.
The IC has in depth knowledge of the Manufacturing business. The IC articulates industry vision and trends, and provides industry knowledge to marketing and sales activities.
The IC establishes or enhances executive level relationships, provides subject matter expertise on engagements, and identifies new target opportunities emerging within the industry.
The IC will be expected to deliver high-level, business consulting to our targeted accounts and oversee the development of the client engagement model for additional services.
In addition, the IC plays an active role in pre and post-sale activity, ensuring a long term partnership with Teradata clients.
The Industry Consultant may be the Lead Consultant on a project and also need to ensure that the Area teams develop the skills to take on key actions as the IC moves out.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Acts as an industry spokesperson and subject matter expert articulating Teradata value to external audiences.
- Is able to articulate the value proposition of Teradata versus its major competitors and the ability to convert this into client specific benefits.
- Scopes, develops, and proposes business opportunity plans for evolving enterprise data warehouses and analytics solutions within Teradata prospects and clients.
- Provides subject matter expertise and presents solutions and proposals for client engagements.
- Mentors Solution Sales Specialists, pre-sales and post-sales consultants to infuse industry knowledge into their specific technical/business consulting expertise.
- Foster “outside the box” thinking and a “can do” attitude across the Sales team.