Teradata supports more than 1200 of the most recognised global leaders in their industries, including Vodafone, HSBC, Apple, Unilever, Intel, eBay, TESCO and Fed-Ex.
- Teradata Corporation has over 10,000 employees focused on making it the leading provider of analytic data platforms, applications, and services to results-oriented IT and business leaders who seek smarter, faster, and more informed answers to their most essential business questions
- Teradata is a leader in Data Warehousing, Integrated Marketing Management and Digital Marketing. This is validated in the relevant Gartner “Magic Quadrants” where Teradata has taken a consistent leadership position
- Teradata continues to be acquisitive – Think Big, and Aster Data have joined the business in the past few years, which has considerably extended its products and services to include big data analytics and integrated marketing management.
In the UK, Ireland, Teradata customers include: O2, Vodafone, Eircom, Sainsbury’s, Barclays, HSBC, RBS, Lloyds, BA, Allied Irish Bank, PTSB, Unilever, Centrica, Jaguar Land Rover and TNT.
Learn more at www.teradata.com
About the Role
The UK & Ireland Senior Data Management Consultant is an important role within the Teradata Enterprise Data Consulting organisation. This role provides detailed information about a Customer’s Data Architecture including source systems, data availability, data quality and will recommend data improvements in quality, data management, lineage and governance across the Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse lifecycles. Often the duration, simplicity and efficiency of an implementation is reliant upon good quality, accurately sourced data, and often the data is in disparate source systems with little/no overarching reviews or management.
The person in this role will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in defining and leading data architecture and data strategies that underpin a successful data implementation.
Working as part of a highly skilled data management team the person in this role will be responsible for developing robust pragmatic data models that meet requirements whilst supporting the data architectural design principles and designs of the broader IT organisation.
Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills are essential as the role involves working closely with our clients together with 3rd party vendors, management consultants and internal data teams based both in and outside the UK.
An accomplished Data Architect, the candidate will demonstrate a wealth of experience in providing subject matter expertise of Data Models and Data Architecture as well proven experience working with RDBMS and big data technologies including Hadoop.
This is a “hands on” role that leads by example and assists in the development of less experienced members of the team, whilst ensuring the processes and practices are pragmatic, efficient, effective and relevant.
- Work with business leaders to create Conceptual Data Architectures which align business needs with Target State Architecture.
- Effectively communicate the benefits of all aspects of Data Management including Master Data Management and Metadata Management process and principles, with the ability to sell those ideas to others.
- Actively participate and lead data mapping exercises and facilitate data modelling sessions ranging with business and technical teams from information gathering to model validation.
- Provide support in the use of enterprise and analytical data, particularly identifying synergies and connections between data across business areas.
- Providing support to analyse data requirements and data stored in a disparate set of systems and designing a robust set of data structures.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel to facilitate a trusted advisor relationship.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- At ease with leading data workshops and presenting on data related topics.
- Previous experience working within a Big Data Environment. For example, Hadoop, Kline, Hive, Hbase, Spark.
- Data modelling experience across relational and non-relational technologies
- Previous technical background in Database Development and/or Data Warehouse Analysis/Business Intelligence roles with strong SQL skills, some programming, data design or business architecture experience
- Strong leadership and stakeholder engagement skills providing architecture guidance to other staff on the project
- Proven ability to undertake business analysis of problems framing the solutions in business terms whilst providing the high level designs and proposals
- Strong data mapping skills sufficient to take ownership of all mapping deliverables and ensure successful hand-over to the technical team.
- Demonstrated senior level capabilities in conceptual analysis, problem solving, and data analysis, with ability to lead and facilitate business requirements and data analysis and modelling sessions.
- Strong understanding of data architecture principles and techniques
- Experience with ERWIN (V9) as modelling tool is required, with additional Model Mart management experience preferred.
Candidates must have a Bachelor degree or equivalent
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years BI programme design/implementation experience.
- Knowledge of how information and analytics can deliver business value.
- Previous experience working within a Cloud Data Environment: AWS, MS Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Prior exposure to industry data models.
- Experience managing client interaction and expectations
- Experience of working in a complex, multi supplier environment.
- Experience with Teradata preferred.
- Experience working with a virtual and offshore teams.