Think Big Analytics Practice Manager
The GDC (Global Delivery Centers) are Teradata’s nearshore/offshore services organization, consisting of over 2200 consultants based in India, Pakistan, Philippines, Czech Republic and US. Our GDC consultants bring deep industry, technical and consulting expertise across the entire Teradata services portfolio ranging from data warehousing to data science and analytics.
The Practice Manager is accountable for the Think Big Analytics practice in the center. He/she will develop and implement the center specific practice implementation strategy based on the GDC level practice strategy and direction. He/she (in partnership with the GDC Think Big Analytics Practice Solution partner, practice heads from other GDC Centers and other key GDC center LT members), will develop the GDC’s capabilities and services in terms of resourcing, skills and tools in the center.
The GDC Think Big Analytics Practice manager is a role model who will lead and drive the capability within the center, ensuring that a culture of field based development, reuse of best practices and IP, creation and presentation of white papers and speaker engagements/participation in internal and external industry forums, become the norm.
The GDC Practice manager, reporting to the Center manager, will be a key member of the GDC Center leadership team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Under guidance and direction of Think Big Analytics Solution partner and Center head execute our mission to drive revenue through a business outcome led, technology enabled strategy.
· Support sales and project delivery as a subject matter expert, or delivery manager participating actively in customer engagements and driving delivery standardization through capabilities and IP assets in the center.
· Accountable for practice outlook including financial, headcount, utilization, expense and attrition forecasting
· Accountable to drive GM improvement of through resource mix management and resource alignment strategies
· Provide input on project scope, proposals, and contracts and personally engage as a contributor on key engagements.
· Ensures new knowledge is encapsulated in the form of best practices, processes and tools
· Participates in recruiting, interview and resource selection including people development, training & certification and promotions
· Drive customer satisfaction with work product and or align with supporting engagement managers and / or customer success managers
· Support the GDC Center heads and GDC Capability team by developing and growing a competitive, high-quality team of data science, business intelligence and solution development consultants within specific practice domain, leading local mentoring and talent and career development initiatives for the practice.
· Monitor and encourage local consultant contributions to Velocity and Business Value Frameworks.
· Instill a culture of creating, capturing, and replicating IP within the local practice in cooperation with the GDC LT and Knowledge Management function and processes.
· Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the Enterprise Data Consulting and Think Big Analytics practices in order to create and deliver integrated services offerings for customers.
· Create and manage center practice focus group and align with GDC level defined practice focus groups for direction and capability development
· Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent work experience.
· 8 years of relevant experience building and running a practice within a consulting organization with enterprise architecture and business content.
· Substantial prior experience and ability to serve as a subject matter expert in the areas of Big Data, Business Intelligence, Data Science and Engineering and Solution Development
· Excellent people development and management skills, including the ability to support practice members as a player-coach.
· Ability to work cross-functionally in matrix organization.
· Prior leadership experience in the development of knowledge management and IP capture / re-use within a practice area, including special initiatives on field based development of new IP.
· Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges.
· Exceptional consulting and delivery management skills
· Excellent skills in communication, establishing of strategic and tactical strategy, influencing others, negotiating skills, operational decision making, problem solving, facilitating and managing meetings, and questioning and probing.
· Skilled in value proposition development, solution selling, focusing on the customer, persuasiveness, and business needs analysis.
· Solid understanding and experience using data with advanced analytics, business intelligence, data warehouse solutions, and big data analytics to improve business performance.
· Excellent customer executive and senior level relationship building capabilities.
· Master’s Degree
Up to 5%, but varies based on client, project or internal activities
Based in Center Location (India, Pakistan, Philippines, Czech Republic and the US)