The Ecosystem Architect is a generalist that has technical skills across an array of technologies.
The Ecosystem Architect has the ability to question the customer on their current situation, understand the goal state, and develop a defensible architecture specification specific to each customer.
The Ecosystem Architect has the highest level of consulting and leadership skills. An Ecosystem Architect can lead from the front of the room from C-level to Client EAs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Be a trusted advisor to the client’s decision makers by establishing credibility and expertise in Teradata’s solution offerings – including the Data Warehouse, Hadoop, Open Source Software, and Cloud Computing.
• Define and develop the architecture, roadmap, and standards for the Ecosystem Architecture that will align with the customer business and IT objectives.
• Define and develop architecture for integration of the Ecosystem Architecture and all analytic ecosystem components into the client’s Analytic Ecosystem.
• Define the client’s architecture at the highest levels of the analytic architecture cube - the Conceptual to Logical Layers.
• Understand the client’s business goals, information needs, application and system requirements, IT plans, and architectures and articulate linkage to the proposed Ecosystem Architecture and application designs.
• Provide strategic advice to client decision makers on technologies and solutions that will assist them in achieving their corporate goals and objectives.
• Work with Teradata project managers to scope projects and develop a statement of work, project plan, and risk analysis.
• Provide architecture thought leadership and actively participate in the design, implementation, and roll-out efforts.
• Technical Generalist with Implementation Experience. Has been or is currently actively involved in technical consulting engagements
• Expertise in Hadoop and Open Source - Has been or is currently actively involved in designing and or implementing projects that include Hadoop and Open Source options
• Expertise in Teradata and Commercial - Has been or is currently actively involved in designing and or implementing projects that include Teradata and other commercial options
• Expertise in On-Premises and Cloud - Has the ability to define architectures covering on-premises, cloud, and hybrid of on-premises combined with cloud
• Architecture Framework Expertise - Expertise on Teradata Architecture Framework
• Industry framework certification such as TOGAF, Zachman or FEA is a plus
• Adopts Architecture Principles - Adopts and validates the architecture definition against Teradata's architecture principles
• Identifies and Utilizes Design Patterns - Promotes reuse through actions, identifies and develops emerging patterns
• Business Orientation
• Highest level consulting and leadership skills. Can lead from "front of the room" - "C-level" and customer Enterprise Architects.
• Articulate and persuasive - Can present as a "front of the room" leader, and influence decisions
• Targets Audience Appropriately - Transitions between C-level, architects, and implementers at appropriate level for audience
• Innovative - Can Lead "Art of the Possible" Thinking and vision
• Challenges Current state – Fearless leader
• Strategic & Visionary - Leads roadmaps, visions, and defines strategy
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English.
• Availability to travel for up to 80% of the time