Teradata provide end-to-end solutions and services in Data Analytic Ecosystem (DWH & Big Data) that enable our customers to become a data-driven business…one that’s positioned to increase revenue, improve efficiency, and create the most compelling experience for our customer’s customers.
The Ecosystem architect (EA) is responsible for leading the analytic ecosystem vision for Teradata clients. This includes eliciting high level business requirements leading to an information, application and system architecture definition plus a functional understanding of technology choices, with the ability to differentiate capabilities and lead to choices across the required capabilities. The EA must lead conversations at all levels of the organization, from the C-level through and including the enterprise architects. He leverages data warehouse, analytic and big data knowledge to promote sales of Teradata, Open Sources and Partner’s solutions within a specific industry.
The EA articulates big data and data warehouse architectures, like the Unified Data Architecture, and trends, and provides technical knowledge in sales support activities. The EA is highly consultative and first seeks to understand the customer’s business, information, and application requirements. The EA will participate in the strategy, design and development of an architecture that will be aligned with the client’s business objectives based on the business, information, application, and system requirements. He will thoroughly understand the client’s information technology infrastructure and serves as the key link between business outcomes and technology enablers. He analyzes a customer’s business and technical requirements and takes the lead in translating those requirements and strategies into Teradata, Partners & others Open Source products, solutions (On premise or in the Cloud), and services. The EA ensures that the proposed solutions are business enabling and technically innovative, ensures improved ROI. He establishes or enhances customer relationships, provides consultancy and technical expertise on engagements and identifies new target application opportunities within our accounts. He will be expected also to deliver in some degree high-quality, customer billable consulting on PS engagements and oversee the development of the customer engagement model for additional services. The EA plays an active role in pre-sale and post-sale activity, ensuring a long-term partnership with Teradata customers. He has a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the long term architecture and success of these accounts.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Provide direct and substantial support of the team's revenue and margin objectives by:
• Assisting with account qualification utilizing knowledge of technology, services and industry assets and solutions for the various types of companies in their industry, and applying this knowledge to determine applicability of Teradata and Partners Solutions
• Gathering and documenting client requirements and translating them into process and system architecture designs patterns.
• Understand the client’s business goals, information needs, application requirements, IT plans, and architecture and articulate linkage to the proposed architecture and application designs.
• Understanding competitive offering such as Oracle, IBM, SAP , Microsoft, etc.
• Demonstrating and utilizing knowledge of business problems of customers in their industry and the ability to relate those to the underlying data and the ability of Data Warehouse & Big Data technology to solve the business problems.
• Articulating Teradata's value Proposition to business problems using the Teradata and Partners/Open Source Solutions, Professional Services and solution offerings.
• Being a trusted advisor to the customer's decision makers by establishing credibility and expertise in data warehouse and big data technology and architecture, big data analytics, pre-build solutions, and other areas related to Teradata's solution offerings.
• Contributing to the financial objectives of the team through business development and demand-creation activities.
• Contributing Knowledge Assets to the Teradata Knowledge Management System and Network (Up to the R&D).
• Working with Sales, Industry consultants and Data Science teams to generate new profitable business: articulate, demonstrate, and scope Teradata solution offers and services.
• Work with Teradata project managers to scope projects and develop statements of work, project plans, and risk analysis.
• Provide technical thought leadership and actively participate in the application design, implementation, and roll-out efforts.
• The individual must have strong architecture consultant (or equivalent) experience and have solution implementation experience Broad technical expertise combined with business acumen.
• Technical knowledge and in depth experience with building Analytical Data Ecosystem, Data Lake, BI, Data Warehouses, Big Data analytics solutions, and technologies.
• Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
• Understanding of the Cloud architecture and principles (ex: AWS, Azure)
• Knowledge of SQL and others language (Python, R, Java ..) appreciated
• Operational knowledge of third party Analytic, BI and Data Ecosystem solutions (Open Source & Commercial)
• Understanding of Master Data Management concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience in consulting with senior level executives
• Excellent presentation and consulting skills, with ability to influence decision makers.
• Should be familiar with the concepts utilized within architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, TEAF, FEAF with certification a plus.
• Excellent negotiation skills and ability to build alignment between organizations in a cross-functional teaming environment
Profile and Education Requirements
• Information Technology (IT) related degree, a Master Degree is Preferred
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills