The Business Intelligence Consultant will participate in the design, development, and implementation of customer BI solutions utilizing 3rd party BI tools. The BI Consultant also works with clients to understand, analyze, and refine the application requirements and, where needed, provides guidance on selection of BI tools and methodologies. Once the design has been validated and endorsed by future users and IT, the BI Consultant will turn it into a working and optimized application. The BI consultant will unit test and deliver the application for an integration test. The BI Consultant demonstrates a high degree of BI tool expertise and development skills. The BI Consultant may be the Lead Consultant on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Define BI application requirements.
• Develop and validate the application design.
• Develop and unit test semantic layers, reports, and GUIs.
• Participate in verification of the application.
• Support the data warehouse design and integration efforts, including data sourcing and transformation, logical/physical modeling, and ETL development in support of the application.
• In depth knowledge of Business Intelligence tools.
• In depth knowledge of the Teradata Database for building the semantic layer and to optimize SQL created by BI tools.
• In depth knowledge of the software application development and testing methodology.
• Application integration skills.