Are you interested in BIG DATA? Do you want to expand your knowledge and experience in this ever growing ‘world’ of BIG DATA? Are you self-motivated and do you have an enquiring mind? Do you want to work for a world leading Analytics company and have the chance to travel around Europe working with some of the world’s largest companies?
Then Teradata GDC (Global Delivery Centre) is the company for you!
This position is for a Hadoop developer who will be specializing in Big Data (Hadoop/ MapReduce / Spark) Think Big projects. Good experience on Java & Spark Development will be a key competency for this position.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, MapReduce, Oozie)
• At least 1 year working experience on Spark Development
• Good hands-on experience on Core Java and Other Programming languages like Scala or Python.
• Aware of Object Oriented Design & Patterns
• Experience working independently and as part of a team to debug application issues working with configuration files\\databases and application log files.
• Working knowledge of one of the IDEs (Eclipse or IntelliJ)
• Experience with one of the software build tools (ANT, Maven or Gradle)
• Knowledge on Web Services (SOAP, REST)
• Good Working Experience in Basic SQL and Shell scripting
• Databases: Teradata, DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle (one or more required).
Nice to have:
• Working experience with Apache NiFi
• Experience in working with shared code repository (VSS, SVN or Git)
• Exposure on XML processing.
• Awareness about Bigdata & related technologies
• Experience on Webservers: Apache Tomcat or JBoss
• Working Experience on Kafka
What we offer:
• Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
• Vast amount of online trainings covering Teradata DB, DWH Methodologies and Big Data available for all Teradata employees
• World-class technical training within Think Big Academy
• 25 days of holiday a year (instead of standard 20 as per the Czech law)
• Language courses
• Private medical care
• Meal vouchers in amount of 100 CZK/day (Teradata contributes 75 CZK/day)
• Company’s contribution for the Pension fund (up to 3% of monthly gross salary)
• Life insurance
• Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary)
• Employee Referral Program (4.000 USD)
• Card for sports
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Contribution 300 USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years)