Teradata France is currently seeking an Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Certified Solution Architect with a minimum of one year of recent hands-on experience with architecting and delivering Cloud solutions in the context of Data & Analytic Ecosystem (BI, DWH and Big Data).
The most qualified candidates will have multiple years of Cloud experience as well as experience with Data Warehousing and/or Big Data Analytics.
The Cloud Architect (Architect) leverages broad technical knowledge of the public cloud offerings of key providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure and Google to architect custom solutions that meet the business and security needs of the customer. The Architect will work in conjunction with knowledgeable Teradata Architects to develop Teradata Unified Data Architecture ecosystem solutions in the cloud that include the Teradata RDBMS, Hadoop and Aster as well as third party components such as analytic, Business Intelligence and Data Integration tools.
The Architect is responsible for identifying and architecting Test Drives, Proof of Concept (POC), and production engagements on the public cloud. This includes input into new “as-a-service” packages in areas such as analytics, database, and platform that leverage public cloud environments and support internal developers and external partner solutions.
The Architect will lead in the definition and design of cloud and/or hybrid architecture solutions, and oversight of the implementation of solutions that will be aligned with the client’s business objectives based on business, information, application, and system requirements (B.I.A.S framework). The Architect is highly consultative and always seeks to first understand the customer requirements.
The candidate will be accountable for developing the professional services program for the French market, including the development through mentoring of resources throughout the French architect and consultant organization. This will include providing both architectural expertise and implementation guidance of both the architects and the implementation teams.
The candidate should demonstrate excellent customer facing skills to represent Teradata well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel, as well as, a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to the development team. He/she will demonstrate an ability to think strategically about business, product, service, and technical challenges.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Provide direct and substantial support of the team's revenue and margin objectives via the following:
• Lead the growth of Teradata’s cloud consulting practice through the development of cloud expertise in the PS community
• Be a credible thought leader in discussion on public/hybrid cloud solutions with customers and analysts
• Educate customers and delivery teams on agile development methodologies and DevOps options, best practices, and toolsets
• Work collaboratively with other lead architects to support customer and account teams in migrating to and developing new analytic solutions to a public clouds
• Contribute to the financial objectives of the team through business development and demand-creation activities
• Gather and document client requirements, and translate them into process and system architecture designs and ready-to-order” configurations.
• Understand the client’s business goals, information needs, application requirements, IT plans and architecture and, articulate and defend linkage to the proposed architecture and application designs.
• Earn the right of being a trusted advisor to the customer's decision makers by establishing credibility and expertise in public cloud offerings
Qualifications and Skills
- AWS/Azure or Google Cloud Certification as a Solution Architect Associate/Professional or deemed to have equivalent experience
- Expert level knowledge and working experience of a variety of cloud products and services (e.g. Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon CloudFront, Amazon EMR and/or Azure equivalent)
- Significant working knowledge or hands-on experience with cloud SDK and CLI Tools
- Experience for building / deploying complex infrastructure
- Experience in Network design and technical implementation
- Proven hands-on cloud migration solution design / delivery experience
- Ability to effectively address data security concepts in public cloud as it relates to customer needs including an in depth understanding of Federated Security / Single Sign On, and AWS IAM
- Demonstrate capability to design cost effective high available systems on public / hybrid cloud and with environment estimation tools
- BS/Masters in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related business degree.
- Client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills required
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and implementing them to cloud DevOps practices
- Proven capabilities in relational database, and/or Hadoop, technologies in the application development environment (e.g. Teradata, DB2, Redshift, SQL Azure, RDS, Oracle, HortonWorks, Cloudera, etc.)
- Operational knowledge of third party DI, BI, Visualisation and Analytical tools and emerging technologies (e.g. Informatica, DataStage, Talend, Cognos, Tableau, SAS, R, AWS , Azure, Google Cloud etc.
- 3 years Solution Architect experience with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud or comparable experience, preferred