Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help organizations know more so they can do more of what’s really important.
Teradata has more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries and we are keenly focused on helping our more than 2,500 customers drive value from data. Our team includes the brightest minds in the industry … driven by unmatched enthusiasm and commitment to innovation and our customers.
We are seeking a Data Warehouse Consultant to join our team in Italy who will be involved in the design, development and implementation of data warehouse projects making use of the Teradata technology together with the market-leading solutions in the Business Intelligence and ETL area (e.g. SAS, SAP Business Objects, MicroStrategy, IBM DataStage, Informatica PowerCenter,...).
He/she will develop and maintain working relationships with all the stakeholders to ensure client's needs are met.
• Deliver high level consulting services related to the Teradata platform.
• Capture technical requirements.
• Database modeling and design. Including Multidimensional.
• Support the data warehouse design and integration efforts, ETL including data sourcing and transformation, logical/physical modeling, Solution Development and tuning. UNIX shell scripting and Advance SQL.
• Participate in performance, integration and system and user testing.
• Perform work on time, within scope and with high customer satisfaction.
• Understand professional behavior at a client site.
• Builds relationships with clients, both business and IT.
• Be responsible for planning and undertaking own professional development.
• Pursue Teradata certification in field of expertise
• A deep knowledge of SQL programming is required.
• Knowledge of tools in the Business Intelligence domain (SAP Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Tableau...), ETL area (SAP Data Services, IBM DataStage, Informatica PowerCenter,...) or analytics (SAS, R, analytics models, …). Applicants are required to refer if they have experience or not in these technologies and the level of it.
• Hands-on experience applying modeling techniques to actual business solutions.
• Experience in designing, developing, and implementing relational databases.
• Testing a Data Warehouse - Ability to prepare for, administer, and validate the results of unit, vendor, component integration, system acceptance, deployment readiness, and user acceptance testing to ensure conformance to business, functional and quality requirements.
• Appreciated general business knowledge in any particular industry.
• Business needs analysis - ability to define client's requirements within the context of their business.
• Ability to prioritize assignments, handle shifting deadlines and work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly changing environment.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• Work well under pressure to meet deadlines and manage business expectations
• Information Technology (IT) related degree or equivalent.
• It is required to have at least 3 years of consulting experience in Data Warehouse in areas like Analysis, Design, ETL, Solution Development.
• Previous work experience in large database environments with TERADATA, Aster, ORACLE, IBM DB2 or Netezza, SQL Server, Hadoop, etc.
• Willing to travel nationwide as required.
• Any successful candidate will be required to be fluent in Italian and with a good level of English (both written and spoken)