Think Big Analytics provides expert advisory and implementation services for open source big data solutions. As the first and only pure-play big data services firm, our Architects, Data Scientists and Engineers are trusted advisors to the world's most innovative companies. Our experienced teams combine a distinctive methodology and a proven Think Big Analytics Velocity Framework that includes tested design patterns and pre-built components, to help Clients build applications faster. Think Big Analytics helps Clients leverage big data analytics by integrating open source platforms, such as Hadoop, NoSQL and streaming engines, with best-of-breed data warehousing environments. Service offers include: a big data roadmap, data engineering, data lake and analytic operations, training and ongoing big data solution support.
The Solution Architect is a key role in our organisation and for our Clients. The ideal candidate will be engaging with a Client from start to finish, stepping in at the end of the pre-sales process and guide the solution architecture of the engagement until we have achieved the necessary business and infrastructure transformation.
The Solution Architect is excited by the opportunity to consolidate large enterprise infrastructures with Big Data technology like Hadoop. The successful candidate will design true multi-tenant Data Lakes for hundreds or thousands of users for some of the biggest organisations in the world in environments where availability and security are taken seriously, and cutting-edge enterprise technology is utilised.
The Solution Architect is a trusted advisor to our Clients, and is confident in demonstrating the value their ideas will bring to the business. Successful individuals will have a chance to sit down with global brands to help them figure out how they can do what they do better, and how technology may produce new revenue streams by building game changing data storage and processing platforms using the latest, best and proven technologies. At the same time, the Solution Architect works with Think Big Analytics’s Engineering and Data Science teams to turn visions into a reality.
The Solution Architect’s main responsibilities include:
● Designing enterprise-grade infrastructures for Clients and technically overseeing their planning, evaluation, implementation and evolution
● Workshopping with Clients to understand their technologies, business situation and goals
● Documenting workshops and defining plans to address discovered requirements for:
○ Proof of concept solutions
○ Production-grade solutions
● Assisting commercial negotiations
● Build relationships with stakeholders in complex Client organisations
● Guide Client and Think Big Analytics teams implementing solutions
● Understand the Client and ensure Client success
● Be the go-to trusted solution architecture expert for Clients and Think Big Analytics technical teams
● Guide Clients from legacy to scalable modern future-proof infrastructure
● Enable Clients to do what they do better, e.g. faster, cheaper, more reliably
● Discover opportunities with Clients, e.g. innovative ways of exploiting data
● Identify patterns across engagements and work with peers in Think Big Analytics to develop repeatable solutions
● Provide thought leadership
Advise organisations on how to make Big Data technologies like the Hadoop ecosystem work for them.
Support brand, Sales staff and Account Managers by:
● Identifying opportunities
● Demonstrating to Clients the benefits of modern data architectures
● Networking with relevant stakeholders to support account management
● Participate in calls and meetings
● Present thought leading perspectives at internal and external forums, conferences, community meetups
● Develop and lead workshops with Clients to plan activities
● Understand business drivers, functional and non-functional requirements
● Document outcomes and write commercial proposals
● Define solution architecture and planned activities
Advise senior stakeholders:
● Become a point of contact for solution architecture
● Proactively advise on needs and issues as well as derive solutions
● Guide and support planning of training activities for the Client staff
● Work alongside senior technical and business stakeholders to bring to life the solution and solve Client use cases
● Guide implementation of Big Data platforms by technical teams
● Contribute to and help establish Client and company best practice and quality standards
● Provide general documentation on (Big) Data solution architectures
● Provide specific documentation to support Client material, e.g. wikis, for onboarding and guiding day to day operations
● Identify and create patentable and reusable artifacts, intellectual property, design documents and author articles/papers
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The following are a list of relevant skills expected from a successful candidate. Other relevant skills are considered:
● Excellent interpersonal skills with senior stakeholders and technical staff
● Good communication skills in German and English (at least C1), exposure to working in a cross-cultural environment and the ability to present to senior management
● Knowledge and experience of data platforms, such as;
o Big data such as Hadoop ecosystem, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Flink, Cassandra, HBase Elasticsearch, Mesos, etc.
o Relational database systems
o Data warehouse or other OLAP systems
● Knowledge and experience of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
● Breadth of knowledge of technical systems, including enterprise, distributed and n-tier systems across multiple domains
● Breadth of knowledge of technologies, including languages, frameworks and their required skillsets
● Ability to design, understand and utilise these platforms in enterprise production settings including security, governance, availability, and disaster recovery.
● Experience of working with engineering teams across the delivery lifecycle to assist in the realisation of production architectures
● Experience in delivering large enterprise-level solutions
● Highly structured and analytical thinking and decision making
● Willing to travel up to 50 %
Education and Experience
● Ten year’s technical experience of which five years relevant solution architecture experience is desired
● Client facing experience
Who fits in with us
At Think Big Analytics / Teradata you will not find rigid hierarchies or detailed specifications. The best fit are colleagues who use leeway responsibly, both in terms of content and time. Who are not afraid to ask questions, introduce their own ideas and are open for new perspectives. Strong team spirit and independent work are not a contradiction for us. What counts are the contributions that you make to our joint success. All our employees share our enthusiasm for the possibilities of data-driven decisions and solutions.
Our modern offices in Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt and Düsseldorf support open and considerate cooperation. Successful employees are offered exciting perspectives in a dynamic, internationally connected team.
Are you interested? Then please apply on our homepage (http://www.teradatacareers.com/emea/de). In case of any questions, feel free to contact Ms. Christiane Mack, Human Resources ( 49 (0) 89/666 10 44 49 or Christiane.Mack@teradata.com).