As a Team Lead, you will be responsible for Applications Group management and development, successful delivery of Teradata services, solutions and products, within assigned accounts, playing a key role in services and solutions portfolio planning and execution. The TL is expected to have a solid experience within the business applications domain (CRM, marketing, business intelligence, integration applications, etc.), being able to plan, architect, orchestrate, and lead implementations of business applications, create and maintain solid and trustful working relationships with Customers, aligning and integrations Teradata solutions with their business strategy, priorities and processes. To a limited amount this also includes customization coding.
Jointly with the customer’s business community and IT, he or she will be instrumental in the pre-sales and requirement phase to understand the business requirements creatively turning it into a sound solution concept to efficiently apply and customize the Teradata applications in order to effectively fulfill those customer’s business needs in this area.
The TL demonstrates a high degree of business applications / processes expertise and has broad experiences in similar positions or roles in successfully delivering complex solutions to large organizations into the business community over at least the last 3 years.
This position requires consultative selling and delivery skills and special focus on the people management, coaching and development.
• Gain understanding of a specific customer, including the business, industry, company profile, business plan and key initiatives in the organization.
• Demoing and presenting the business benefits and features of the Teradata business applications and proposed solution concepts during and after the pre-sales phase to customers
• Work with Consulting Client Directors and Project Managers to provide scoping, planning, cost estimating, and pricing of Consulting Services engagements within the overall Consulting portfolio for their account, support them in selling process.
• Leading applications architectures development and technical risk assessment, including but not limited to defining goals and objectives, identifying client requirements, resource requirements, budget, risks and the translation of the client’s business requirements into specific deliverables.
• Directs and supports the execution and delivery of customer solutions from a services perspective, including software installation, configuration, customization and integration, quality checks, participation in project meetings, and maintenance of client relationships while meeting team utilization, engagement execution, quality, and client satisfaction targets.
• Work with Consulting Client Directors, Resource Managers & Project Managers to staff projects appropriately and to ensure consultants have required training and internal support to meet customer needs throughout the duration of the engagement.
• Work with Global Development Centers and subcontractors to properly engage offshore and external resources.
• Work with the appropriate project management approaches (Agile and/or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements
• Direct solution implementation engagements, of moderate to high complexity, or a collection of multiple projects.
• Identify sales opportunities.
• Lead the collection of project collateral, and when appropriate, document best practices or lessons learned to share across the Consulting Services community. It’s expected from the TL to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of Teradata Consulting Services assets.
• Lead team of Application consultants : setting annual objectives, assessing consultants performance, planning development of skill, plan & assign required trainings for team members & certification & monitor the result, manage knowledge sharing within the team and abroad, manage assets delivery by the team to the Teradata knowledge sharing base, planning team utilization, provide proven plan for new hiring, evaluate candidates, coaching & motivating team members to achieve the company goals.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements
• Master’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or Equivalent
• Prior experience in people management in consulting business, including a virtual workforce and matrix practice structure and supporting departments.
• Minimum of five years as an internal or external consultant with broad exposure and experience in data-related services, analytics and business content, within a variety of circumstances and proven record of success.
• Proven track record in running a complex business applications deployments.
• Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges.
• Exceptional consulting skills in communicating, influencing others, negotiating skills, decision making, problem solving, facilitating and managing meetings, and questioning and probing.
• Strong understanding of market trends and technologies. This includes a solid understanding and experience using data with business intelligence, data warehouse solutions, data management and big data analytics to improve business performance.
• Results-oriented, with drive to deliver on high quality standards.
• Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
• Knowledge one or several of Teradata, Oracle, Microsoft SQL at semi-advanced level.
• Programming: knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming; knowledge of usage and architecture of web and application servers.
• Personal growth and continuous education in design concepts and methodologies and/or technologies.
• Ability to work in international environment. English: fluent
Hands-on experience in multiple business disciplines such as consulting services, program management, project management, information technology, software development with a proven ability and record of success.
Experience in direct marketing campaign management or marketing resource management, understanding of issues and challenges related to analytical CRM
Familiarity with SAS, IBM, Adobe products
Understanding of statistics, data mining, big data issues and challenges
Experience in banking, telecommunications or retail industries