As a GEO Practice Director, you will be responsible for developing and coaching a local team of relevant practice experts as a recognized thought leader, player-coach, and subject matter expert within the practice domain – Industry, Business Consulting, Solutions, Analytics Delivery Excellence, Data Science, BI / Visualization, or Analytics Solution Development. The organization consists of consultants within all of these domains. These consultants are instrumental in selling and delivering business-focused analytics services to Teradata’s existing customers and new target customers across both open and commercial platforms, thereby providing business outcomes and ROI. The organization works with a technology-agnostic approach but uses Teradata software assets and frameworks to target complex, high-value use cases that require scalable and agile infrastructure in order to deliver results.
- Partner with the Region Practice Director and other GEO Practice Directors to execute our mission to drive revenue through a business outcome led, technology enabled strategy within a given practice domain. For GEO Practice Directors of Data Science, BI / Visualization, or Analytics Solution Development: reporting line to the Region Practice Director. For GEO Practice Directors of Industry, Business Consulting, and Solutions or Analytics Delivery Excellence: reporting line to the GEO Director.
- Support sales and project delivery as a subject matter expert, participating actively in customer engagements. Work with GEO Directors and Region Practice Directors to provide input on project scope, proposals, and contracts.
- Serve as a player-coach and active contributor, providing oversight, supporting project delivery in the local practice, and providing frequent, in-lane coaching to practice consultants within the GEO.
- Personally engage as a contributor on key strategic engagements within the local practice.
- For the GEO Practice Directors of Data Science, BI / Visualization, and Analytics Solution Development: serve as a people manager for practice consultants within the GEO.
- Customize standard practice marketing materials as needed to suit local client needs. Provide additional coaching and training to practice consultants on local norms, trends, and customer preferences.
- Support the Region Practice Director in developing and growing a competitive, high-quality team of analytics consultants within specific practice domain, leading local mentoring and talent and career development initiatives for the practice.
- Contribute to the execution of the go-to-market plan in support of the Region Practice Director.
- Monitor and encourage local consultant contributions to Business Value Frameworks within specific practice domain and help drive repeatable offerings into Strategic Offering Management.
- Instill a culture of creating, capturing, and replicating IP within the local practice in cooperation with the GEOs and Knowledge Management function and processes.
- Advise local senior client leaders in the relevant practice domain.
- Develop strong working relationships with the Teradata Consulting team in order to create and manage integrated services offerings for customers.#LI-YM
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent work experience.
- Six years of experience running a practice within a consulting organization with analytics and business content.
- Extensive prior experience and ability to serve as a subject matter expert in one of the following areas: Industry Consulting, Business Consulting, Solutions, Analytics Delivery, Data Science, BI / Visualization, or Analytics Solution Development.
- Excellent people development and talent management skills, including the ability to support practice members as a player-coach.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in matrix organization where internal relationship building and credibility is critical.
- Prior leadership experience in the development of knowledge management and IP capture / re-use within a practice area, including special initiatives on field based development of new IP.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges.
- Exceptional consulting skills in communicating, establishing of strategic direction, influencing others, negotiating skills, operational decision making, problem solving, facilitating and managing meetings, and questioning and probing.
- Highly skilled in organizational politics, value proposition development, solution selling, focusing on the customer, sales ability / persuasiveness, and business needs analysis.
- Strong understanding of market trends and technologies. This includes a solid understanding and experience using data with advanced analytics, business intelligence, data warehouse solutions, and big data analytics to improve business performance.
- Excellent customer executive and senior level relationship building capabilities.
- Experience in defining, launching, and executing successful initiatives on a topic or area of expertise.
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home, office & customer site. Travel up to 50% is also expected depending on the location of the candidate.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary and pension program, as well as other benefit programs dependent on country of hire.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.