Are you looking for a challenging new step in your career? Are you looking for innovative data and analytics projects and do you want to work for the specialist in the field of data and analytics? Join Teradata!
What do you do as an ETL Consultant at Teradata?
The ETL Consultant specializes in the design and development of the ETL environment, processes, programs, and scripts to acquire data from source systems and apply the data to the tables in the database. This individual must have the skills necessary to understand the overall data warehouse architecture. The ETL Consultant designs and builds the ETL environment with the specific toolset required by the client. The ETL Consultant may also provide input to the database designer to optimize the data loading of the physical database. The ETL Consultant may be the Lead Consultant on a project.
What are the key areas of responsibility of the ETL Consultant?
• Capture ETL Requirements
• Design, develop, and test processes for extracting data from legacy systems or production databases
• Design, develop, and test processes for validating and conditioning data prior to loading into a data warehouse
• Design, develop, and test processes for loading initial and cyclical data into a data warehouse
• Design the processes to meet service level agreements for data timeliness and frequency
• Determine which data elements are historic and the retention period for historic data
• Determine data growth trends and peak business periods
Are you the perfect candidate for this role?
• In depth knowledge of ETL tools / analytical skills for junior
• Bachelor or Master Degree, preferably in an Information Technology (IT) related degree
• Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• You will be required to work on projects in the Benelux region, so willingness to travel is essential
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written