As a Senior Data Engineer, you will provide technical leadership to clients in a team that designs and develops path-breaking large scale cluster data processing systems. You will mentor sophisticated organizations on large scale data and analytics and work with client teams to deliver results.
Additionally, as a senior member of our Consulting team, you will help Think Big, A Teradata Company establish thought leadership in the big data space by contributing white papers, technical commentary and representing our company at industry conferences.
Design and develop code, scripts and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data integrated from multiple sources. Software installation and configuration. Participate in and help lead requirements and design workshops with our clients. Develop project deliverable documentation. Lead small teams of developers and coordinate development activities. Mentor junior members of the team in software development best practices. Other duties as assigned.
- Proven expertise in production software development
- 5 years of experience programming in Java, Python, SQL, or C/C
- Proficient in SQL, NoSQL, relational database design and methods for efficiently retrieving data
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong team player capable of working in a demanding start-up environment
- Experience building complex and non-interactive systems (batch, distributed, etc.)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior consulting experience
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Avro, Thrift, Protobufs and JMS: ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, JBoss, etc.
- Dynamic and/or functional languages (e.g., Python, Ruby, Scala, Clojure)
- Experience designing and tuning high performance systems
- Prior experience with data warehousing and business intelligence systems
- Professional or academic background that includes mathematics, statistics, machine learning and data mining
- Linux expertise
- Prior work and/or research experience with unstructured data and data modeling